The village was mentioned in the papal tithe register
as early as in 1333. On the boarded ceiling of the 15th century Unitarian
church one can read a runic writing from 1668, which was discovered by Balázs
Orbán. The church originally had a vaulted ceiling, but it crashed down during
the Tatar invasions in 1661 and it received a painted tile ceiling in 1668.